Diamond 7 is a progression from Diamond 7 and is just one part of the Diamond Swim Academy pathway which is a all inclusive programme where swimmers will work on skills and technique and takes the non swimmer from his or her first splash to developing confidence and competence in the water. The swimmers will learn basic safety awareness and water confidence through to quality stroke technique and a variety of water skills.
In Diamond 7 the focus is swimming full stroke on all four strokes to the required standard, whilst also concentrating combining in elements of other aquatic disciplines and also elements of Swim England Stage 8. Diamond 7 swimmers will work to achieving a number of outcomes, some of which will be recognised by Awards. An Award is made up of a badge and a certificate.
For Diamond 7 swimmer this includes the Swim Enlgand Stage 7 Award. It is also important that the swimmers gain the skills and technique on all strokes throughout their time at Diamond Swim Academy and will, therefore, also work towards achieving the most appropriate Swim England Distance and Swim England Stroke Awards within Diamond 7.
All outcomes will be achieved through innovative, fun teaching methods. Below shows the outcomes required to achieve the Swim England Stage 7 award:
Stage 7 Award outcomes
- Push and glide and swim 25 metres backstroke (performed to Swim England expected standards).
- Push and glide and swim 25 metres front crawl (performed to Swim England expected standards).
- Push and glide and swim 25 metres breaststroke (performed to Swim England expected standards).
- Push and glide and swim 25 metres butterfly (performed to Swim England expected standards).
- Perform a movement sequence (linking skills with strokes and sculls) of one minute duration, in a group of three or more, incorporating a number of the following skills: Sculling: head first, feet first / Rotation: forward or backward somersault, log roll / Floating: star on the front or on the back, tuck float, create own / Eggbeater: Moving, lifting one or both arms out of the water
- Perform a sitting dive or dive.
- Push and glide and swim 50 metres continuously using one stroke (performed to Swim England expected standards).
- Push and glide and swim 100 metres, using a minimum of three different strokes (performed to Swim England expected standards).
- Tread water using eggbeater action for 30 seconds.
- Complete an obstacle course (using minimum of four objects) with feet off the pool floor throughout.