Data Protection Statement / Policy
Diamond Swim Academy take Data Protection very seriously and the organisation’s data protection notice is detailed below:
Diamond Swim Academy is a Swim School that is registered with Companies House, Federation of Small Businesses, Amateur Swimming Association and Institute of Swimming (IoS) Training
Diamond Swim Academy will hold the details provided by customers with other information it holds or obtains from or about you and will use this for the following purposes:
- for maintaining records
- to respond to any enquiries you make
- to administer any events in which you participate or may wish to participate and to deal with any incidents involving you
- to create an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences
- to create anonymised aggregated information about members and swimmers to enable us to potentially secure funding
- to contact you about lessons, events, offers and opportunities available from Diamond Swim Academy by post, email, online or phone (where you have indicated you are happy to hear about these)
Diamond Swim Academy may record the lessons and events in which you / your child participate in and general images of swimmers will form part of the information we hold and use. In addition to the purposes for general information set out above, Diamond Swim Academy may use these recordings and images for the purposes of education and training, swimmer analysis, promotion, performance, development and event analysis.
Where your information may be used for additional purposes, such as medical information, you will be provided with further details of how your information will be used at the relevant time
Disclosure of your information
Should Diamond Swim Academy wish to publish you or your child we will contact you prior to this to ensure you are happy for this to happen. We anticipate this to be news stories on the website.
You have the right to refuse direct marketing and can do so by ticking the relevant box(es) on the enrolment form which is available through contacting Diamond Swim Academy.
Information Commissions Office
Diamond Swim Academy is registered with the Information Commissions Office (ICO) and fully adheres to the Data Protection act. The document can be found here:
You are entitled to a copy of your personal data from Diamond Swim Academy (a small fee will be payable in each case) and to correct any inaccuracies in it. For details of how to do this you should Diamond Swim Academy.